This homemade Bisquick is made with just 5 simple ingredients and takes just minutes to mix up. It’s cheaper, healthier and tastes amazing. Use it for all your baking mix needs!
If you are like me and looking for ways to eat healthier and save at the same time, then you’ll love this copycat “Bisquick” mix!
It takes just minutes to make, is cheaper than buying the Bisquick brand and it doesn’t have any ingredients that you don’t recognize or can’t pronounce.
On top of all that, we actually like the things I make with this homemade mix better than when I made them with the Bisquick brand! Definitely a win all around!
Here are a few of my favorite recipes that use this Bisquick substitute:
- Easy John Wayne Casserole
- Bisquick Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- Crustless Zucchini Quiche
If you want more ideas of recipes to make using this mix, this collection of over 25 tasty recipes made with Bisquick is helpful!
Homemade Bisquick Mix
Homemade Bisquick Substitute
- 5 cups all purpose flour (you can use up to half whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter (see notes)
- Mix dry ingredients together then cut in butter until crumbly. (I like to use a pastry blender to do this.)
- Store in refrigerator and use cup for cup as you would Bisquick. (see Notes below)
She said “I have successfully made this homemade Bisquick mix using a 1 to 1 Gluten Free flour mix. I hope this helps someone on a GF diet.”
Other recipes you might enjoy: