This Bisquick Chicken Alfredo Casserole with tomatoes and spinach is the perfect weeknight dinner! It’s made with simple ingredients and is ready in under one hour. A favorite easy, family-friendly recipe!
There are affiliate links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full disclosure policy.
I created this chicken casserole several months ago and it has quickly become a family favorite!
It starts with an easy Bisquick crust that is topped with layers of chicken, diced tomatoes and spinach and finally creamy Alfredo sauce. So simple, but so delicious!
Watch Video: Learn how to make this recipe
Ingredients for Bisquick Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Bisquick. Any variety of plain Bisquick should work fine, even gluten-free. I personally like to use my homemade Bisquick Mix. It’s cheaper and I know exactly what ingredients are in it!
- Cooked Chicken. You can use whatever cooked chicken you have on hand…thighs, breasts, rotisserie. They’ll all be delicious.
- Alfredo Sauce. I love to use my homemade Alfredo sauce.
- Diced Tomatoes. I always use plain diced tomatoes, but I’m sure fire-roasted would be delicious too. You could even use Rotel if you enjoy a little heat.
- Fresh Spinach. You don’t have to add this but it’s an easy way to get more veggies into your diet. And it subtle enough that even my non-spinach-loving kids don’t mind it in this dish. If you like spinach, feel free to add more than the recipe calls for.
How to make this Bisquick Chicken Casserole
STEP ONE: Combine the Bisquick and water to form a soft dough. With your hands, press the dough into the bottom of a greased 8×8 or similar-sized baking dish.
The dough will be a bit sticky but making your hands slightly damp before spreading out the dough makes it much easier!
STEP TWO: Layer the cooked chicken, drained tomatoes and spinach on top of the crust, then top it all with Alfredo sauce. If you want, you can garnish the top with parsley.
STEP THREE: Bake at 375º for 25 to 30 minutes. Enjoy!
FAQ & Expert Tips
- Do I have to use cooked chicken? Yes. It will take a little longer to prep the recipe, but if you only have raw chicken on hand, you can always just cook some up. According to Taste of Home, ¾ lb. of raw chicken equals about 2 cups of cooked cubed chicken. This recipe calls for 1 ½ cups chicken so you may want to cook up a little less than ¾ lb.
- Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones? Yes, it should be fine. Just add 1 ¾ of freshly diced tomatoes instead.
- Do I have to add the spinach? No. This casserole is still delicious without it.
- Can this casserole be made ahead? I haven’t ever done it and wouldn’t recommend making it more than an hour ahead of time because the moisture of the Alfredo sauce and tomatoes may “leak” down onto the crust and keep it from baking properly.
More Casserole Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Easy John Wayne Casserole
- Cheesy Ham, Green Beans and Potatoes Casserole
- Hamburger Zucchini Bake
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Oven Ready Lasagna (no-boil!)
Bisquick Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Combine Bisquick and water to form a soft dough. With your hands, press the dough into the bottom of a greased 8x8 or similar sized baking dish. It helps to make your hands slightly damp to do this.
- Layer the cooked meat, drained tomatoes and spinach on top of the crust. Top with Alfredo sauce and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Only have raw chicken on hand? Try cooking up approximately ¾ lb. boneless chicken breasts or things. It should give you close to the 1 ½ cups you need.
- If you prefer using fresh tomatoes, you can substitute 1 ¾ cups diced fresh tomatoes for the canned tomatoes.