This Easy Chicken Pot Pie is perfect for nights when you need a quick, cheap dinner recipe. It’s hearty, super delicious and has become a family favorite!
There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.
I’ll be honest, I love good, old-fashioned chicken pot pie made from real homemade pie crusts. But because it tends to be more time intensive to make, I think I’ve only ever made it once in my life.
Plus, I discovered this Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe that fits better with my busy life right now and allows me to satisfy my pot pie cravings in just a fraction of the time.
And let’s be honest, recipes that get dinner on the table without much work are always a winner!
A couple of tips. If you want to keep things super simple, you can just use your favorite blend of frozen mixed veggies for this recipe. I personally love to add in some potatoes for added heartiness.
So I usually just grab a couple of carrots and potatoes, quickly dice them up with this favorite kitchen tool and then add in some peas or green beans until I hit the 1 ½ cups called for.
Sometimes though, I simply clean out the fridge to make this. Well, sort of.
You know how there are days when you realize have just random amounts of leftover veggies sitting forlornly in the fridge? And maybe a single baked potato too? Those are perfect to use for the veggie part of this recipe!
Just mix them together, add a few more veggies if needed and bam, you just creatively gave those leftover veggies a new life!
How to Turn this into a Super Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Since I’m all about saving time, I’ll often cook up a quadruple amount of vegetables when I go to make this. Then after I take out the 1 ½ c. amount that I need for the recipe, I divide the rest into 3 freezer safe containers and freeze it for future Easy Chicken Pot Pie dinners.
If I forget to pull it out of the freezer in time to thaw, I simply pop it into the microwave on defrost for a bit until it’s mostly thawed and bam, I’m good to go! This little trick makes this already easy dish become ridiculously quick to throw together.
As a result, it’s become a recipe that I often fall back on when I have a busy day without much time for dinner prep. I love that it allows me to still pull off a hearty, healthy meal to feed my tribe!
Other simple main dish recipes you might enjoy:
- Oven Ready Lasagna (a simple, no-boil recipe)
- Easy John Wayne Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Cheesy Ham, Potato and Green Bean Casserole
EASY BISQUICK CHICKEN POT PIE
Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 1/2 c. mixed vegetables (I like to use some potatoes to make it heartier)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (link to my homemade version in Notes below)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup Bisquick Mix (link to my homemade version in Notes below)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Cook vegetables until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the filling ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish.
- Using the same bowl, mix together the Bisquick, milk and egg. Spread on top of chicken filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 min. When done, top should be lightly golden.