Hi, I’m so glad that you stopped by!
I’m Lydia, the blogger behind Thrifty Frugal Mom. My husband Vince and I have been married since 2006 and we feel so blessed to have 4 wonderful children, Logan (11), Sophia (8), Adelyne (6) and Eli (3 ). Our little family lives in a beautiful older fixer upper in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where we enjoy experiencing big city living.
I love baking and cooking and one of my favorite happy spots is in the kitchen trying a new recipe just for fun. I am also an avid couponer and money saver. Honestly, I about can’t keep myself from living frugally and I usually enjoy the challenge of seeing how far I can stretch the resources that God has blessed us with.
I’m thankful that most of the time I enjoy it, because we are once again being forced to live on a rather tight budget as my husband returns to college to get his Masters degree.
ABOUT THE BLOG:
Thrifty Frugal Mom started in 2009 as a hobby blog where I shared about my love of saving money. In January 2012, my blog relocated to Parents magazine’s website where I took on the role of frugal lifestyle blogger and shared deals and ways to save money. Mid-December 2014, I decided to once again go independent with my site. While I still have a strong frugal slant, my goal is to encourage women in all aspects of homemaking.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND HERE:
I typically post once a week. You’ll find simple, from-scratch recipes, inspiration for successful homemaking, and lots of great money saving ideas.
Periodically I’ll show you in pictures of what I buy on our $200/mo. grocery budget. I also regularly post our frugal menu plan as well. And we recently purchased a new home in Philly and I’m excited to start blogging about our renovation project there as well as some home decor posts- all on a budget of course!
- White Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Herb Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Best Ever Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Homemade Caramel Frappe
- How to Can Diced Tomatoes (a step by step photo tutorial)
- 10 Things We Did to Pay Off Our $90,000 Mortgage in 5 Years
- 8 Ways We Saved Big on Our Frugal Kitchen Remodel
- 30 Frugal Pantry Staples that Make Homemade Meals Easy
- 4 Everyday Items that Will Help You Organize Your Home on the Cheap
- 7 Reasons to Declutter and Live with Less
- 10 Chores for 4 & 5 Year Olds
- Super Easy Robot Cake
All content on this site is copyrighted by Thrifty Frugal Mom and may not be reproduced without permission.