This healthy 3 ingredient fudge takes just minutes to mix up and is a snack you can feel good about eating! It’s naturally sweetened, dairy free and gluten free.
There are affiliate links in this post for your convenience. Please read my full disclosure policy.
Several months ago, some friends of ours came over for the evening and brought along this delicious healthy fudge that they had made.
I generally don’t like fudge that much, but this recipe was so creamy and chocolatey. I loved it!
And when I discovered that it was made with just 3 simple, whole food ingredients, I knew I had to get the recipe!
Ingredients for Healthy Fudge
- Coconut Oil. This is what makes the fudge deliciously creamy. I like to use unrefined virgin coconut oil since it is the purest form and has the most health benefits.
- Honey. Yay for being naturally sweetened!
- Cocoa Powder. Gives it a rich chocolate flavor. I use regular cocoa powder, but you can also use Dutch processed if you prefer.
Substitutions and Additions
Do I have to use coconut oil?
Yes! Other oils will not firm up when chilled. If you aren’t a big fan of coconut flavor, using refined coconut oil might help as the flavor is a bit milder.
Can I make other flavors or add other ingredients to change up the taste?
You can add ¼ tsp. vanilla extract, 2-3 drops of peppermint extract, orange zest or, ¼ tsp. sea salt to the fudge. You can also sprinkle some nuts or coconut flakes on the top as well.
How to Make this 3 Ingredient Fudge Recipe
STEP ONE: Melt the coconut oil. Add the honey and cocoa powder and using a whisk, stir together until thoroughly combined.
STEP TWO: Pour into a parchment paper lined pan and chill in the fridge or freezer until firm. I use a 9×5 inch loaf pan and it’s the perfect size, but any similar sized dish will work.
I would not use anything much larger, as the pieces of fudge will end up too thin.
STEP THREE: Once firm, cut into 24 pieces and enjoy!
Other recipes that you’ll enjoy:
- Flourless Double Chocolate Muffins
- Super Easy Homemade Granola
- 3 Minute Frozen Fruit Smoothie
- Easy Homemade Yogurt
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and was updated in 2021. The original recipe instructions said to mix the fudge up in a blender, but numerous readers had trouble getting the ingredients to mix well. The updated version states to just whisk the ingredients together, which is not only simpler but also seems to take care of the problem that readers were having with the fudge not mixing up properly.
Easy Healthy 3 Ingredient Fudge
- 1 c. coconut oil
- ¾ c. honey
- 1 c. cocoa powder
- Melt coconut oil. Add the honey and cocoa powder and using a whisk, stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a parchment paper lined pan and chill in the fridge or freezer until firm. (I use a 9x5 loaf and it's the perfect size).
- Once firm, cut into 1 in. square pieces and enjoy. Store in fridge.
Add ¼ vanilla extract, 2-3 drops peppermint extract, orange zest, or ¼ tsp. sea salt to the fudge. You can also sprinkle some nuts or coconut flakes on the top as well.