There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.
Recently I was craving these chocolate muffins and so I whipped a batch together and decided it was time the recipe got on my blog so that you all could enjoy them too!
I love these muffins for several reasons. First of all, they are chocolate, and well, I kind of have a thing for chocolate! 😉 Plus they are super moist and at just around 150 calories each, they’re relatively low calorie too, at least for a dessert.
I also appreciate how super easy they are to make. In just 10 minutes I can have these muffins in the oven making my house smell delicious! It’s as simple as throwing all but the chocolate chips in the blender, blending it a little bit and then pouring the batter into my muffin tins!
I don’t know about you, but at this stage of life, wholesome food that is easy to make is a complete no-brainer for me!
Flourless Chocolate Muffins
Flourless Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups quick oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce (sweetened or unsweetened) (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup yogurt (plain or Greek) (plain or Greek)
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- scant 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (see Notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a blender (or food processor) mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. If using 1 cup of chocolate chips, go ahead and sprinkle a few on top of each unbaked muffin. (see note below)
- Bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Return muffins to oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.