This simple Hamburger Zucchini Bake recipe is one of my favorite main dishes to make when I have zucchini on hand. It’s inexpensive, delicious and easy!
There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.
My go-to recipe when I have zucchini is my Crustless Zucchini Quiche. It’s super simple, inexpensive and filling, which makes it a winner for obvious reasons.
But this year, since we’ve been blessed with super generous friends who’ve given us lots of zucchini, we were getting a little tired of that same dish over and over.
I tried to compensate with a few zucchini desserts, but you can only eat so much sweet stuff. Well, at least if you don’t want to get mad at yourself when you step on the scales.
The last several times that I made my Crustless Zucchini Quiche, I kept imagining a version that included some meat and a hint of juicy tomatoes. I finally decided to play around a bit and see if I could come up with something.
After a couple of attempts, I felt like I finally had it perfected, and we all thought that it was quite tasty! I hope that you will enjoy it too. 🙂
Hamburger Zucchini Bake
Hamburger Zucchini Bake
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 c. Bisquick (see Notes below)
- ½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. basil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 ½ c. shredded zucchini, drained (see Notes below)
- tomatoes, sliced thin
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Mix all ingredients except zucchini and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Stir in zucchini and pour into a greased 2 ½ to 3 quart baking dish.
- Top with tomatoes. (This knife is my absolute favorite for slicing tomatoes! It cuts through them like their butter.)
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set and top is lightly browned.
- I love using my Homemade Bisquick for this!
- Make sure zucchini is drained well. Either put it in a colander or sieve, then squish out as much excess moisture as possible. If you don’t do this, your casserole will not set up!
- How you long you need to bake this depends on how deep your baking dish is. My dish is fairly small and makes a thick casserole, so I need to bake it at least 50 minutes. However if your dish is more shallow, you will need to reduce the baking time.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: