There are affiliate links in this post for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
We love soups around here and this is one of our all-time favorites. The cream cheese makes it nice and creamy, while the garlic and dill give it a wonderfully delightful flavor.
It’s one of those soups that is simple enough to serve as one of our regular main dishes but delicious enough to feed to guests, too. And it’s very economical, which is always a plus! We love it with the ham, but if you aren’t fond of pork or are wanting to cut costs even farther, you could easily leave it out and enjoy a tasty meatless dish.
Cream Cheese Potato Soup with Ham
An easy creamy potato soup with cream cheese and dill that is special enough for guests but simple enough to serve any time!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
Yields about 12 cups
- 6 c. water
- 7 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 c. peeled, diced potatoes (I love using this tool to dice potatoes in seconds!)
- 1 ½ c. fully cooked ham, cubed
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- Combine water & bouillon.
- Add the cream cheese; cook & stir until cream cheese is melted. (I like to use a whisk.)
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: