Have 10 minutes? Then you can make this simple One Pan Chicken and Rice dish! It’s comfort food at it’s best and is one of the easiest recipes ever!
There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.
There’s something about chicken and rice that just goes together perfectly! It’s kind of like peanut butter and jelly or crackers and cheese. It just works. And pretty much anyone loves the combination!
One of my favorite ways to make chicken and rice is this simple one pan dish. I honestly can’t think of an easier recipe.
You literally just mix a few ingredients together, put them in a baking dish and top it with season salt sprinkled chicken pieces. After baking for an hour and half you have a yummy dinner ready for you to enjoy!
I’ll admit that I was a bit skeptical the first time I tried this recipe because I thought it sounded way too basic. I was worried that it would be bland and tasteless, but ultimately the easiness of the recipe convinced me to give it a try.
And I was pleasantly surprised to find that the finished dish is quite flavorful! Comfort food, really. And any dish that gets the approval of the whole family as this one did, is always a winner!
Actually this is one of my go-to dishes for Sunday lunch, too. Because it’s so quick to throw together, I can easily wait to make it until Sunday morning, which I love.
I just put it in the oven on time bake before we head off to church, then when we get home, we are welcomed by the wonderful, delicious aroma of lunch all ready and waiting for us.
Love chicken and rice? Check out these other easy recipes:
- One Pan Spanish Chicken and Rice
- Curry Chicken and Rice Soup
- Southwest Chicken Skillet
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Rice
One Pan Chicken & Rice
One Pan Chicken and Rice
- 1 package dry onion soup mix (or use my Homemade Onion Soup Mix)
- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (or use my Homemade Cream Soup)
- 1 cup dry long grain rice* (we love basmati)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms, canned or fresh (optional)
- season salt
- 4 to 8 bone-in chicken legs, thighs or breast**
- Mix first 5 ingredients, pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with season salt.
- Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture in dish. Cover with foil
- Bake at 350° for 1 ½ hrs.