A collection of the very best easy zucchini recipes to help you use up all that extra zucchini! Includes desserts, main dishes and side dishes.
I love zucchini! Not only is it delicious, but it’s also healthy and incredibly versatile.
You can use zucchini to make a wholesome veggie packed dinner, serve it as a tasty side dish, make pickles with it or use it to make some amazingly moist and decadent desserts.
What other vegetable can boast all of that?
The thing is, if you’ve ever planted zucchini, you know that most times you find yourself with too much zucchini and have to look for ideas on what you can do with it all!
So I thought it would be fun to make a collection of zucchini recipes to help all of us out when we have the “how can I use up extra zucchini” question!
First though, here are a few tips to help you use your zucchini in the best way possible.
Tips for Using Zucchini in Cooking and Baking
- Don’t throw out large zucchini! Instead, scoop out the seeds then shred and use it in baked goods. I love baking with zucchini and it makes some of the moistest desserts!
- There’s no need to peel zucchini in most cases. The only time that I do is if the zucchini is super large and the skin is thick. My mom always said that if your fingernail could easily pierce the skin that it didn’t need to be peeled. And that’s typically the rule I follow!
- You can freeze shredded zucchini and use it in baked goods, just thaw it before you use it. I like to freeze it in 1 1/2 to 2 cup portions since those amounts are what most of the recipes that I make call for.
- Because they are more tender and mild tasting, small zucchinis are best for cooked and grilled recipes.
- Zucchini can be stored on the counter for 2 to 3 days. After that, move them to the fridge where they should last 7 to 10 days.
40 of the Best Easy Zucchini Recipes
1. Zucchini Crust Pizza from My Humble Kitchen
This zucchini crust is super easy to make and can be done in under an hour, and it’s perfect when you have an abundance of zucchini and need to use it up quickly!
2. Baked Zucchini Fries from Yummy Healthy Easy
These 30-minute zucchini french fries are a simple yet tasty side dish that go with about any main course meal.
3. Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread from Lil’ Luna
This recipe for quick bread is filled with the refreshing flavors of lemon and zucchini. It’s topped off with a homemade glaze that will make your mouth water! By not having to use yeast, each loaf is ready in under an hour.
4. Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins from I Heart Naptime
These zucchini chocolate chip muffins are the perfect snack. They’re soft, moist and no one would guess that they contain freshly shredded vegetables! Plus they are kid-approved AND freezer friendly too.
5. Hamburger Zucchini Bake from Thrifty Frugal Mom
This easy zucchini bake is inexpensive, made with simple ingredients and delicious.
6. Oven Baked Zucchini Chips from Table for Two
You won’t believe how easy these three ingredient oven-baked zucchini chips are to make! They’re thin, crispy and perfect for pairing with all your favorite dips.
7. Chocolate Zucchini Bread from The Recipe Critic
The perfect treat for any time of year! This bread is moist, sweet and has an amazing crust on top. You won’t be able to stop eating it!
8. Creamy Corn and Zucchini from Buns in My Oven
This sautéed zucchini and corn recipe is a weeknight lifesaver! It’s super easy to make and only takes 20 minutes total.
9. Zucchini Tomato Casserole from Hey Donna
This casserole combines zucchini, tomatoes, rice and herbs into a tasty recipe that works great as a side or a lighter main dish. Full of delicious summer flavors!
10. Three Cheese Zucchini Stuffed Lasagna Rolls from Skinny Taste
Cheesy lasagna roll-ups are perfect for any occasion! Stuffed with zucchini, ricotta and parmesan cheese then topped off in a delicious marinara sauce, they’re easy and tasty too.
11. Zucchini Cobbler Bars from Taste and Tell
These Zucchini Cobbler Bars taste like apple cobbler and you’d never guess that they are actually made with zucchini! They’re simple and made with common pantry staple items.
12. Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Coffee Cake from Pinch of Yum
Great for brunch or desserts, this easy coffee cake takes just 10 minutes to mix up.
13. Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds from Five Heart Home
Two ingredient Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds are a quick, simple side dish for any meal. Such a tasty way to enjoy zucchini!
14. Zucchini Bread Cookie Whoopie Pies from Iowa Girl Eats
These mini zucchini bread cookies are cute and bite-sized. A great way to sneak in veggies even for the pickiest eaters!
15. Cheesy Zucchini Quinoa from Closet Cooking
Here’s a protein packed vegetarian side dish that is cheesy and delicious. If you didn’t want to use quinoa you can swap it for your favorite rice blend.
16. Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Skinnytaste
If you like Tex-Mex flavors, you’ll love these zucchini boats covered in enchilada sauce. It’s perfect for when you are tired of the average Taco Tuesday!
17. Blueberry Zucchini Bread from Intimate Weddings
Not only is this bread a delicious dessert, but it’s nice to give to neighbors and coworkers as an edible gift. Plus, having the option to use either fresh or frozen blueberries is plus!
18. Zucchini Waffles from Well Plated
Weekend breakfast has never been easier! You can make these waffles in less than 30 minutes. If you need to use up some extra zucchini, make a double batch because they freeze and reheat well. Kids love them and they won’t be able to detect the veggies!
19. Crustless Zucchini Quiche from Thrifty Frugal Mom
Looking for a budget-friendly meatless meal? You have to try this crustless quiche. It only requires basic pantry staples and is simple, but delicious.
20. Zucchini Brownies from Carpe Season
You’ll never be able to turn down these chocolately, fudgy brownies! You’ll need 2 to 3 cups of shredded zucchini, so it’s a great solution if your garden has really been producing.
21. Zucchini Lasagna from Thirty Handmade Days
Healthy, budget-friendly, and ready in less than one hour? Sign me up! You can use a homemade marinara sauce, or take the easy way out and use your favorite store-bought.
22. Chocolate Zucchini Cake from The Baker Upstairs
This zucchini cake takes just minutes to mix up and is so moist and rich. I love topping it with my 5 Minute Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
23. Carrot Feta Zucchini Fritters from Give Recipe
Use this recipe for a simple side dish or serve it with your favorite dipping sauce as an appetizer. The recipe calls for feta cheese, but you can always swap it out for parmesan and it would be just as tasty.
24. Cinnamon Frosted Zucchini Bars from Shugary Sweets
These glazed zucchini bars have all of the flavors of fall! They’re such a fun change from the usual chocolate zucchini cake and breads too.
25. Zucchini Corn and Avocado Salsa from Two Peas and Their Pod
Salsa like this is perfect for summer! You can serve it with chips or alongside fish or chicken. If you can use fresh corn, it really brings all the flavors together.
26. Zucchini Tomato Gratin from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
I feel like this easy side dish is a summer staple! It’s full of summer squash and tomatoes mixed with cheese. This would pair well with any main course meal and is ready in 30 minutes.
27. Spiced Zucchini Cake from I Heart Eating
Can you believe you can make this cake using just one bowl? Not to mention you don’t even have to squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini. It is actually the secret ingredient and why it stays so moist!
28. Tater-less Parmesan Zucchini Tots from Averie Cooks
Made with pantry staples and ready in 30 minutes, zucchini tots are such an easy side dish. While the instructions are meant for the oven, I feel like these would be great to try in the air fryer if you have one.
29. Zucchini Bacon and Rice Casserole from Roxana’s Home Baking
All you need is a casserole dish and a bowl to make this side dish. You can even make it ahead of time to take the stress out of dinner. It’s a delicious recipe that our whole family loves!
30. Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Skinnytaste
Another easy taco boat recipe that is perfect to use for taco night. While the recipe uses ground turkey, you can easily swap it for beef or chicken if that works better for you.
31. Fried Zucchini from Lil’ Luna
These are so crispy and delicious that you may be eating fried zucchini straight out of the pan! If you have a cast-iron skillet, use that to keep the oil hot and consistent.
32. Zucchini Pickles from Andrea’s Recipes
No canning required to make these zucchini pickles! Once you get them sealed in a jar they are ready to eat in 24 hours.
33. Zucchini Cake Roll with Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from Crazy for Crust
Such a fun, delicious way to use up fresh zucchini! A little bit more time intensive than some of the other dessert recipes, but definitely worth it.
34. Olive Garden Minestrone Soup from Back for Seconds
It doesn’t have to be soup season to make this copycat recipe. It’s hearty, vegetarian, ready in 30 minutes and goes great with breadsticks and salad.
35. Cheesy Frittata with Zucchini and Red Peppers from One Creative Mommy
It doesn’t matter if you are serving this frittata at breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner- it’s a real crowd pleaser! Each bite is full of veggies and cheesy flavor and it’s also low carb.
36. Zucchini Buttermilk Biscuits from Gather for Bread
These aren’t your average buttermilk biscuits. They are filled with flavor from the zucchini, rosemary, basil, and parmesan. There’s also no rolling involved- you just drop them on the pan and bake. So easy!
37. Nutella Swirl Zucchini Bread from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
A fun, delicious spin on classic zucchini bread and a must make if you love Nutella! This recipe also freezes well.
38. Cheesy Zucchini Bake from Simply Stacie
This summer favorite is great served as a main dish but also works well as a side too.
39. Zucchini Cornbread from Brown Eyed Baker
Skip the traditional biscuits and go with this veggie cornbread instead. Every batch comes out moist and savory!
40. Sweet Zucchini Pancakes from Pinch of Yum
Not only are these pancakes sweet and fluffy, they are healthy and filling too! Don’t let the ingredients fool you. They taste just like regular pancakes and even the kids will want more!