Layers of rich pumpkin cheesecake, real whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs combine to create this delicious, fun no-bake fall dessert! So easy!
There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.
The article and photos for this recipe were updated in 2021. I also changed the name of the recipe from No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes to No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles, as I feel that more accurately describes it. The recipe itself has stayed the same and is as delicious as before!
I discovered this Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle recipe a couple of years ago and it quickly became a favorite.
I mean, why wouldn’t it?
After all, I’ve always loved cheesecake and I’ve always loved pumpkin desserts. And this recipe is both of those things.
- is quick and easy to make
- looks pretty and fun
- is made with simple ingredients
- is inexpensive
- and best of all, is delicious!
Whether you make it as an easy Thanksgiving dessert or just enjoy it when you want a simple taste of fall, I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
WATCH VIDEO: LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle Ingredients
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Heavy Whipping Cream (can substitute Cool Whip- see recipe notes)
- Cream Cheese
- Pure Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles
STEP ONE: Combine graham cracker crumbs with butter until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
STEP TWO: With an electric mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until slightly thickened. Add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
STEP THREE: In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Then add pumpkin puree, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
STEP FOUR: Add part of the whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture and gently fold in until totally combined.
STEP FIVE: Assemble the trifles by layering graham cracker crumb mixture, pumpkin cheesecake mixture and whipped topping. Repeat (crumbs, pumpkin cheesecake, whipped cream). Garnish with a bit of additional graham cracker crumbs if desired.
FAQ & EXPERT TIPS
- This dessert is best if made no more than about an hour in advance, mostly because the graham cracker layer tends to get soggy. I do sometimes make the individual layers several hours in advance and then just assemble the trifles right before we are ready to eat.
- If preferred, 3 cups of Cool Whip may be subbed for the heavy whipping cream.
- Feel free to substitute crushed gingersnaps or cinnamon graham crackers for the regular graham crackers.
Other fall recipes that you’ll love:
- The Best Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Apple Dumpling Dessert
- Apple Dump Cake from Scratch
- Super Easy Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 10 graham cracker squares- half a rectangle)
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream + 4 tbsp. sugar (see Notes)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (make sure it's not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Set aside.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until slightly thickened. Add 4 Tbsp. sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. This should make about 3 cups of real whipped cream.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
- Gently fold in 1 ½ c. of the whipped cream.
- Assemble trifles by layering graham cracker crumb mixture, pumpkin cheesecake mixture and whipped topping as desired. Repeat (crumbs, pumpkin cheesecake, whipped cream). Trifles will be best if made no more than 1 hour before serving.
- This dessert is best if made no more than an hour or so in advance because the graham cracker layer tends to get soggy. I do sometimes make the individual layers several hours in advance and then just assemble the trifles right before we are ready to eat.
- If you prefer, you can use 3 cups of Cool Whip in place of the heavy whipping cream.
- Crushed gingersnaps or cinnamon graham crackers may be substituted for the regular graham crackers.
Recipe adapted slightly from My Baking Addiction