These chewy Blonde Brownies are the absolute best chocolate chip cookie brownie recipe ever! They are super easy to make and a favorite everywhere I take them.
I’ve been making these Blonde Brownies since I was a girl. In fact, they are one of the first recipes that my mom let me make by myself since they don’t have any complicated, hard-to-follow steps.
I remember my favorite part was combining the melted butter and the brown sugar together. It was almost like playing with wet sand or mud, except I was actually making something edible and delicious!
The other part that I always enjoyed was sprinkling on the chocolate chips. My mom had the same mentality that I do- if it’s a dessert, let it be a true dessert and don’t go skimping on the sugar!
Now obviously, that’s within reason because I do actually cut back on the sugar in a lot of my dessert recipes. But I still don’t like to skimp so much that they don’t taste like a good dessert!
So I was always pretty liberal with the chocolate chips and even liked to make sure that the corners and sides had plenty to fill them up so that you’d for sure get a nice chocolaty taste in every bite!
These Blonde Brownies also made me popular with my co-workers. Soon after I turned 18, I started working as a pharmacy technician for CVS/Pharmacy.
One morning on a whim, I whipped up a batch of brownies and took them to work warm. My co-workers went crazy over them!
And that started the tradition of me juggling hot pads and a pan of still-warm brownies to work every couple of weeks.
I remember well my final day there when I took my last pan of brownies in, this time accompanied by a handful of recipe cards with the beloved Blonde Brownie recipe hand-written on them. It was the best farewell gift I could think of!
How to Make Blonde Brownies
The thing that sets this Blonde Brownie recipe apart from other chocolate chip brownie recipes is its delightfully chewy texture. If baked correctly, these brownies are amazingly chewy and almost melt in your mouth. So good!
Some of you might be wondering what you’ll do with such a large amount of brownies. If you don’t need them all now, you can easily put the extras in the freezer. These Blonde Brownies freeze really well and it’s always handy to have a snack like this in the freezer, ready to pull out for unexpected guests, etc.
Other desserts that you’ll enjoy:
- Best Ever Chocolate Cake (no eggs, no butter, no milk)
- 20 Minute Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
- Super Easy Apple Dump Cake
Blonde Brownies- the best chocolate chip cookie brownie!
- 2 2/3 c. flour
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2 ¼ c. brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter and let it cool while mixing the dry ingredients together.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Stir brown sugar into butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a large greased cookie sheet (this is the one I use).
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 300° for 25 minutes. Do not overbake.
- When done, bars should be just lightly browned and barely look done. Over-baking will cause the brownies to be dry, and not chewy.
- These bars freeze really well.