Need a quick dinner idea? In just 30 minutes you can have this Creamy Sausage and Potatoes on the table! It’s the perfect easy dinner and one of our favorite sausage and potatoes recipes.
There are affiliate links in this post. If you use these links, I may earn a commission- please read my full disclosure policy.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Shady Brook Farms. All opinions are my own.
Simple, quick dinners are one of my favorite things ever! I’m all about finding ways to get a satisfying meal on the table without needing to spend hours in the kitchen, especially with school starting again and trying to get back into a more scheduled routine.
Because as much as I love being in the kitchen, I’d much rather spend that time hanging out with my family when they’re around, you know?
I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner recently and remembered this Creamy Sausage and Potatoes dish that my mom used to make when I was a girl. I was a super picky eater (yup, unfortunately, it’s true!), but this was one dish I was always happy to see sitting on the table when we gathered for dinner.
Little did I know that one of the reasons my mom made it so often was because it’s easy to make and inexpensive too!
The thing that takes this dish from “just okay” to “wow” is good quality, seasoned ground sausage. Because the rest of the dish is pretty basic, the sausage really makes all the difference. Its flavor will permeate each bite, so it’s worth choosing a good brand for this sausage and potatoes recipe.
When I make it, I love using Shady Brook Farm’s Mild Italian Turkey Sausage- it tastes just like what I remember my mom making! And the great thing about turkey is that it’s a lean, healthier substitute for traditional pork sausage.
I also love that Shady Brook Farms works with more than 700 independent farmers who raise their turkeys without growth-promoting antibiotics! I don’t know about you, but I’m all for avoiding hormones in my food as much as possible!
I kind of knew my family would like this Creamy Sausage and Potatoes, but it still made my day when I was met with these comments: “Mom, this is really good!” (from our pickiest eater) and “You need to make this again!” and “Wow, this is very tasty, Babe!” Our 18 mo. old gave her own approval by eating thirds.
And me? Well, I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. But what made it even better was the fact that it took me just a tad over 30 minutes, start to finish, to get this dinner on the table. Now that, my friends, is a true winner!
Creamy Sausage and Potatoes- a simple, quick dinner
Creamy Sausage and Potatoes- a 30 minute dinner
- 1 lb. ground sausage (I used Shady Brook Farms Mild Italian Turkey Sausage)
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 4 to 4 ½ c. potatoes, diced (no need to peel, unless you want too!)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 c. milk
- parsley optional
- Fry sausage and onion until browned.
- Add enough water to cover sausage, then cook 10 minutes. Do not drain!
- While sausage is cooking, dice potatoes. (I love using my Vidalia Chop Wizard for dicing the potatoes. Super fast!)
- Add potatoes, salt and pepper to meat.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk milk and flour together until smooth.
- Add to sausage and potato mixture and cook just until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Top with parsley and ENJOY!
PLEASE NOTE: Shady Brook Farms turkey products are available in the following states: ME, NH, VT, NY, NJ, MA, VA, RI, CT, PA, MD, DE, WV, NC, SC, GA, and FL. (For those outside of those states, look for Shady Brook Farms’ sister brand, Honeysuckle White!)
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Speedy Spanish Rice & Ground Beef Skillet
- Super Easy Beef and Macaroni Skillet (American Goulash)
- Herb Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Crockpot Tamale Pie