There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.
This Creamy Crockpot Mexican Chicken is one of my absolute favorite recipes ever! It’s probably the easiest recipe I make, it tastes amazing, and it makes enough that we usually can enjoy it for a second meal too. The only bad thing I can think of is that it isn’t exactly the most beautiful dish you’ve ever seen. But hey, you can’t have everything!
We usually eat this Mexican Chicken in tortillas and if I do that, I often will stir some cooked rice into it just to give it more substance and stretch it a bit further. But we also have eaten it over rice and a couple of times when I was out of tortillas, we put it on top of toast. You could also treat it like taco meat and eat it with corn chips and lettuce. Really, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed any way that you try it. It’s a favorite here, even with our children who are slowly becoming somewhat picky eaters!
Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipe
5 minPrep Time
3 hrCook Time
3 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can corn, drained (opt.)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- cooked rice
- shredded cheese
- Put chicken, black beans, salsa and corn into crockpot and place cream cheese on top. Cover.
- Cook on high for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Shred chicken (I love using my favorite kitchen scissors for this) and serve over cooked rice or use as tortilla filling. (If using as a tortilla filling, I often still use rice, but just mix it into the chicken mixture at the end of the cooking time.)
- Top with shredded cheese if desired.
If this seems like it is going to be really soupy, you can leave the lid off for the last ½ hour to help thicken it.
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: