Enjoy all the cozy flavors of the season by whipping up this Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. It’s made with just a few simple ingredients, is ready in 5 minutes and is so much cheaper than the coffee shop!
There are affiliate links in this post. If you use these links, I may earn a commission- please read my full disclosure policy.
It never quite feels like fall until I’ve had an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte! There’s a reason this drink is a Starbucks favorite. It’s just so good!
Luckily, there’s no need to wait to go to a coffeeshop to enjoy this drink. It’s super easy to make at home and you don’t even need a fancy espresso machine!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple Ingredients. This recipe uses only a few basic wholesome ingredients and has way less sugar than a coffeeshop drink.
- Budget-Friendly. Why spend $6 on a Starbucks iced pumpkin spice latte when you can make it home for less than $2?
- Quick and Easy. Once you have your coffee ice cubes frozen, this recipe can be ready in 5 minutes.
- Easy to Customize. It’s so simple to make your iced latte just the way you like! Use your favorite milk. Adjust the level of sweetness. Make the coffee and pumpkin flavors as strong as you prefer.
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients
- Brewed Coffee (frozen into ice cubes). Freezing the coffee gives the latte more flavor without watering it down with regular ice cubes.
- Instant Coffee. Caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee can be used. You can also adjust the amount to make it weaker or stronger depending on your preference.
- Sugar. Any sweetener can be used, including Stevia or maple syrup. Again, adjust the amount to your liking.
- Hot Water. Creates a “syrup” by melting the sugar.
- Milk. Whole milk makes the creamiest lattes, but any variety of milk, including plant-based, will work.
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer. I love using my homemade pumpkin creamer, but store-bought will work as well.
- Whipped Cream and Cinnamon. Get the full effect of that coffee shop latte by topping it with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired.
How to Make a Homemade Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee
STEP 1: Combine the sugar, water, and instant coffee in a small glass or pint jar. Stir using a table knife or long-handled spoon until dissolved.
STEP 2: Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. If using a jar, secure the lid and shake to mix.
STEP 3: Top the latte with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired
FAQ and Expert Tips
Making the Coffee Cubes. I fill each slot of a regular ice cube tray half full to make smaller cubes. This helps them to melt more quickly and they give the pumpkin iced latte the rich coffee flavor you love. Strongly brewed coffee resembles espresso the most.
Make it Frothy. If you like your iced lattes to have frothed milk, combine the milk and pumpkin spice coffee creamer together and use a handheld frother, then pour it into the glass.
Can this be made caffeine-free? Yes! Just use decaffeinated coffee for both the brewed and instant coffees.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Homemade Caramel Frappe
- Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
- Easy Homemade Mocha Frappuccino
- Easy Homemade Iced Vanilla Latte
- Warm Vanilla Custard Drink (no caffeine!)
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee, frozen into ice cubes (see Notes)
- scant tbsp. instant coffee or more or less to taste
- 2 tbsp. sugar or more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp. hot water
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer (can also uses store bought)
- Whipped Cream and Cinnamon for topping optional
- Add instant coffee, sugar and water to a pint jar or similar size glass. Stir or gently swirl to dissolve. (A long handled spoon or a table knife work well for stirring.)
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Or if using a jar, top with a lid and gently shake to mix.
- If desired top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.