This Easy Cheesy Mushroom Pork Chops recipe is simple enough for a weeknight dinner, but special enough to serve guests! Breaded boneless pork loin chops are lightly pan fried, then baked with broth, mushrooms and cheese, resulting in a deliciously tender, juicy dish that will be a family favorite!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield Prime Fresh Pork
It’s so easy for me to get in a rut with cooking and just keep making the same things over and over. While there’s nothing wrong with making your favorite dishes often, I appreciate some variety too! Recently, I’ve been experimenting with some easy fresh pork recipes.
I’ve learned that you can easily substitute pork for chicken in a lot of recipes for a whole new flavorful twist! In fact, you can slice up a boneless pork loin and pretty much use it just as you would chicken breast.
And that’s exactly what I did for these Easy Cheesy Mushroom Pork Chops. I picked up a Smithfield Prime Boneless Fresh Pork Loin at my local ShopRite and used it to create a fun twist on a family favorite that I usually make with chicken.
I love that Smithfield Prime Fresh Pork is a superior quality line of all-natural fresh pork. It’s extra tender and juicy, and made with 100% fresh pork with no artificial ingredients – something that I always appreciate!
One of the great things about this Cheesy Mushroom Pork Chops recipe is that it’s super easy to make. It only takes several simple ingredients and creates a delicious dish that is effortless enough for weeknight dinners, but special enough to shake things up for guests during last-minute holiday get-togethers!
Pair it with some potatoes or rice, or add a salad, and just like that, you have a flavorful and satisfying meal that is sure to be a winner!
How do you make Easy Cheesy Mushroom Pork Chops?
This easy recipe starts by having you cut the Smithfield Prime Boneless Fresh Pork Loin into roughly 1 in. thick slices. Essentially, you are creating boneless pork loin chops, which not only cook faster but are also versatile and can be incorporated into many different recipes.
Next, you dip each boneless pork loin chop into the egg base and then dredge in breadcrumbs, before lightly browning it in a skillet. After that, you take the boneless pork loin chops and arrange them in a baking dish along with chicken broth, fresh mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Then it’s just a short time of baking and you are done!
Easy Cheesy Mushroom Pork Chops
Easy Cheesy Mushroom Pork Chops
- Smithfield Prime Boneless Pork Loin (approx. 2 lb.)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut boneless pork loin into 1 in. thick chops.
- Place eggs and seasoned breadcrumbs in two different shallow bowls.
- Taking each pork chop, dip both sides in egg and then in the seasoned breadcrumbs, coating well.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pork slices and cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes- should be slightly brown and just a little crunchy looking.
- Transfer pork to greased 9x13 baking dish. Salt and pepper as desired.
- Top each pork chop with a slice of cheese. Top with mushrooms, then pour broth over and around everything.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until internal temperature of pork is 150 degrees.
This post is sponsored by Smithfield Prime Fresh Pork.