This cheesy, creamy quiche is absolutely delicious and sure to be a winner with the whole family. Made with chicken, it’s a perfect addition to your dinner menu.
There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.
I love quiches. And when I had my first bite of this one about a year ago, I knew it was a keeper. It’s so, so good! Cheesy and creamy, with just a hint of tanginess thanks to the nutmeg and sour cream, it’s a real winner with the whole family!
For a real treat, instead of using a pre-made bought crust, make this quiche with my Easy Homemade Pie Crust.
Sour Cream Chicken Quiche
- 1 (10 in.) pie crust, unbaked
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup bell peppers (optional)
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pie crust into pie pan.
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil on medium high; add onion and peppers. Saute until soft, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Spread over the bottom of the unbaked pie crust and top with shredded cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk and sour cream; mix until smooth. Pour over the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° and bake an additional 30-35 minutes or until center is set. (A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.)