This cheesy, creamy quiche is absolutely delicious and sure to be a winner with the whole family. Made with chicken, it’s a perfect addition to your dinner menu.
There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.
I love quiches. And when I had my first bite of this one about a year ago, I knew it was a keeper. It’s so, so good! Cheesy and creamy, with just a hint of tanginess thanks to the nutmeg and sour cream, it’s a real winner with the whole family!
For a real treat, instead of using a pre-made bought crust, make this quiche with my Easy Homemade Pie Crust.
Sour Cream Chicken Quiche
A cheesy chicken quiche that is the perfect main dish for a cozy weeknight dinner.
- 1 (10 in.) pie crust, unbaked
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup bell peppers (optional)
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pie crust into pie pan.
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil on medium high; add onion and peppers. Saute until soft, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Spread over the bottom of the unbaked pie crust and top with shredded cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk and sour cream; mix until smooth. Pour over the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° and bake an additional 30-35 minutes or until center is set. (A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.)
If using a 9 in. pie crust, reduce the number of eggs to just 2. Or you can use 3 eggs and just put any extra filling into a small separate dish and bake it without a crust.
I am looking for something unusual to serve for a birthday lunch next month, and this looks like what it might be.
Wouldn’t asparagus be good along with this?
Oh, this would be perfect for a birthday lunch, Bob! I want to come. 🙂 I’m not a big asparagus fan, but I would think that it would pair nicely with this- it actually sounds kind of tasty to me! Although I hate to tell you to try something like that when you are going to be serving it to guests. If it was me, I’d try to make one for dinner sometimes before the lunch and add asparagus to part of it just to make sure you like the combination. If you try it, I’d love to know what you think and how the asparagus worked for you.
I have never had a quiche quite like this!! I will have to try it!
It’s definitely a unique twist on traditional quiche- but a very delicious one!
The Better Baker
MMM! I love quiche…and enjoy eating it with fruit too. This looks awesome. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck. Have a great weekend.