This cheesy, creamy quiche is absolutely delicious and sure to be a winner with the whole family. Made with chicken, it’s a perfect addition to your dinner menu.
I love quiches. And when I had my first bite of this one about a year ago, I knew it was a keeper. It’s so, so good! Cheesy and creamy, with just a hint of tanginess thanks to the nutmeg and sour cream, it’s a real winner with the whole family!
For a real treat, instead of using a pre-made bought crust, make this quiche with my Easy Homemade Pie Crust.
Sour Cream Chicken Quiche
- 1 (10 in.) pie crust, unbaked*
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- ¼ c. chopped bell peppers (optional)
- 1 c. chicken, cooked and shredded
- ¼ tsp. salt (I add a tiny bit more)
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ c. milk
- ¾ c. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In medium frying pan, heat oil on medium-high; add onion and green pepper. Saute until soft, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Spread over bottom of unbaked pie shell and top with shredded cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk and sour cream; mix until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350º and bake 20 to 30 minutes until inserted knife comes out clean.