Easy Homemade Caramel Frappe
This homemade caramel frappe is super easy, delicious and refreshing! And it's way cheaper than buying one too.
- 1 cup strong, good quality brewed coffee, frozen into cubes (see Notes below)
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar or more to taste (see Notes below for a calorie free option)
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- whipped cream and caramel syrup for top (optional)
Place all ingredients except whipped cream in blender.
Blend until ice cubes are crushed. If you have trouble getting it thoroughly blended, let it sit for a couple of minutes and try again.**
Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel syrup.
UPDATE: I finally got smart and started defrosting the ice cubes in the microwave for about 45 seconds. I do it just long enough that it softens them a bit, but not long enough to melt them and lose the slushiness that they give the frappe. It works like a charm!
- For me, 1 cup is 7 ice cubes.
- After several months of making this, I’ve discovered that if you let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes before blending it works much better! I just get it ready as soon as I get up in the morning and by the time I get dressed and eat my breakfast, it’s ready to blend!
- To cut calories a bit, I now sub some of my favorite stevia for part of the sugar. By using some sugar, I don’t notice that unique stevia taste, but still get the benefit of fewer calories.
- If you want a stronger coffee flavor, add just a bit of instant coffee.