Easy Homemade Mocha Frappe
A simple frozen chocolate coffee drink that will satisfy all your coffeeshop cravings and save you money too!
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee, frozen into ice cubes (see Notes below)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. sugar or to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules or to taste (optional, but will give a stronger coffee flavor)
- whipped cream (optional)
- For me, 2 cups of coffee is about 14 ice cubes or one ice cube tray full
- Don't have a high-powered blender? You can also defrost the coffee ice cubes in the microwave to soften them a bit if you are having trouble blending them. Just use caution as it's easy to melt them too much and then you end up with a runny frappe. Forty-five seconds on the defrost setting works for me, but obviously, every microwave is different.