Hamburger Zucchini Bake
This simple Hamburger Zucchini Bake recipe is one of my favorite main dishes to make when I have zucchini on hand. It’s inexpensive, delicious and easy!
Servings: 6 people
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 c. Bisquick (see Notes below)
- ½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. basil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 ½ c. shredded zucchini, drained (see Notes below)
- tomatoes, sliced thin
Brown ground beef and onion.
Mix all ingredients except zucchini and tomatoes in a bowl.
Stir in zucchini and pour into a greased 2 ½ to 3 quart baking dish.
Top with tomatoes. (This knife is my absolute favorite for slicing tomatoes! It cuts through them like their butter.)
Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set and top is lightly browned.
- I love using my Homemade Bisquick for this!
- Make sure zucchini is drained well. Either put it in a colander or sieve, then squish out as much excess moisture as possible. If you don’t do this, your casserole will not set up!
- How you long you need to bake this depends on how deep your baking dish is. My dish is fairly small and makes a thick casserole, so I need to bake it at least 50 minutes. However if your dish is more shallow, you will need to reduce the baking time.