Peppermint Mocha Frappe
Enjoy the convenience and savings of being able to make your own coffee frappe at home! This Peppermint Mocha is delicious and will hit the spot.
- 2 cups strong coffee, frozen into ice cubes (see Note below)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or to taste (see Note below)
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 to 7 drops peppermint extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules or to taste (optional, but will give a stronger coffee flavor)
- whipped cream and chocolate shavings (optional)
- For me, 2 cups of coffee is about 14 ice cubes or one ice cube tray full
- I recently started to use stevia to sweeten this and love that it gives it fewer calories.
- You can also defrost the coffee ice cubes in the microwave if you are having trouble blending them. Just use caution as it's easy to melt them too much and then you end up with a runny frappe. I do 45 seconds on the defrost setting, but obviously, every microwave is different.