Frozen Fruit Cups
These easy Frozen Fruit Salad Cups are the perfect summer treat! They're so refreshing and makes a great snack, appetizer or healthier dessert.
Servings: 16 cups
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 cup water
- 12 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 7 to 8 bananas, mashed or diced
- 1 to 2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 cup diced peaches, fresh or canned if using canned see my notes below
- 2 cup grapes, halved or quartered
Stir sugar into water until dissolved.
Add frozen orange juice concentrate and mix in.
Stir in fruit. Once totally combined, put into containers. Freeze. (Remember that it will expand when frozen, so you’ll want to allow about ½ in. space at the top of the container.)
To serve, remove from freezer about 30 minutes before you are ready to eat. Or you can also defrost it in the microwave if you put the slush in microwave safe containers.
* Feel free to use whatever kind of fruit you prefer. As long as the total amount of fruit equals 6 to 7 cups plus the bananas, it should be fine.
* If using canned peaches, you can use the peach juice in place of some of the water and then cut back a little on the sugar.
* We love these freezer containers and they have a variety of sizes which is really nice.