White Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
The best grilled cheese sandwich recipe ever!! Loaded with 3 different cheeses, garlic and herbs, it's the perfect comfort food.
Servings: 5 to 7 sandwiches
- ½ c. cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. olive or canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/16 tsp. pepper (if you like pepper, go ahead and add 1/8 tsp.)
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. Kraft Natural Mozzarella shredded cheese (2 cups)
- 10 to 14 slices of bread (depends on how big your bread is)
- butter softened (about 2 tbsp)
If using large curd cottage cheese, blend until mostly smooth.
Combine cottage or ricotta cheese with olive oil.
Add garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
Add Mozzarella cheese and combine thoroughly.*
Lightly butter each slice of bread. Place half of the slices, buttered side down in a skillet or griddle.
Divide cheese mixture evenly between the slices in the skillet.** Top with remaining slices of bread, making sure to leave the buttered side up.
Cook over medium heat until bread is lightly browned. Flip, and cook remaining side until lightly brown and cheese is melted.
* If you have time, for a fuller flavor, mix up the cheese part several hours ahead of time.
** You want the cheese mixture to nicely cover the surface of the bread, but don't pile it too high, because you'll end up having a hard time keeping the sandwiches together once the cheese melts.