No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles
Layers of rich pumpkin cheesecake, real whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs combine to create this delicious, fun no bake fall dessert!
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 10 graham cracker squares- half a rectangle)
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream + 4 tbsp. sugar (see Notes)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree (make sure it's not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Set aside.
Whip heavy whipping cream until slightly thickened. Add 4 Tbsp. sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. This should make about 3 cups of real whipped cream.
In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add pumpkin puree, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
Gently fold in 1 ½ c. of the whipped cream.
Assemble trifles by layering graham cracker crumb mixture, pumpkin cheesecake mixture and whipped topping as desired. Repeat (crumbs, pumpkin cheesecake, whipped cream). Trifles will be best if made no more than 1 hour before serving.
- This dessert is best if made no more than an hour or so in advance because the graham cracker layer tends to get soggy. I do sometimes make the individual layers several hours in advance and then just assemble the trifles right before we are ready to eat.
- If you prefer, you can use 3 cups of Cool Whip in place of the heavy whipping cream.
- Crushed gingersnaps or cinnamon graham crackers may be substituted for the regular graham crackers.