Easy Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
This Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal is super quick and easy to make and will provide you with a delicious healthy, frugal breakfast (or dessert!). It’s perfect for freezing too!
- 1 ½ c. quick oats (see notes below)
- 1 ½ c. rolled oats
- ½ to 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ½ c. butter, melted (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ c. chocolate chips
Add everything but the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, then stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon into a greased 9 in. baking dish (or any similar sized baking dish).
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set.
Enjoy plain, serve it with milk or yogurt or top it with your favorite fruit.
Turn this into Muffins:
A reader commented on Facebook that she makes this into muffins (makes about 15), baking them for 18 to 20 minutes. They're perfect for quick easy grab-and-go breakfasts!
- Oatmeal: You can use 3 c. quick oats instead of half quick oats, half rolled oats- the texture will just be different.
- Add-Ins: Feel free to try other add-ins such as apples, blueberries or bananas. The flavor options are quite versatile!
- Doubling: This can easily be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 baking dish. You will just need to bake a bit longer.
- Make Ahead: This can be mixed up the night before and then baked in the morning. If using all quick oats, the texture will be a bit mushier, but it is still good. If using a mixture of quick and rolled oats, the texture will not change much.
- To Freeze: Cut the oatmeal into individual portions and either freeze them in a freezer-safe container or wrap each portion in plastic wrap and freeze. When ready to enjoy, pull out the amount you need and thaw ahead of time or defrost in the microwave.