Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
This Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal is super quick and easy to make and will provide you with a delicious healthy, frugal breakfast (or dessert!). It’s perfect for freezing too!
- 1 ½ c. quick oats (see notes below)
- 1 ½ c. rolled oats
- ½ to 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. milk
- ½ c. butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ to ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
Spoon into a greased 9 in. baking dish (or any similar sized baking dish).
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set.
Enjoy plain, serve it with milk or yogurt or top it with your favorite fruit.
Turn this into Muffins:
A reader commented on Facebook that she makes this into muffins (makes about 15), baking them for 18 to 20 minutes. They're perfect for quick easy grab-and-go breakfasts!
- You can use 3 c. quick oats instead of half quick oats, half rolled oats- the texture will just be different.
- Feel free to try other add-ins such as apples, blueberries or bananas. The flavor options are quite versatile!
- Baked oatmeal freezes really well. I like to make several batches at once and then cut the oatmeal into individual portions and freeze it that way. Then I just pull out several servings and thaw or heat from frozen as needed. This saves me time and allows me to use my oven less often too!