Easy Italian Vegetable and Beef Soup
The perfect quick, healthy meal! This Easy Vegetable Beef soup is loaded with vegetables and is a comforting dinner that our whole family loves.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 c. carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 c. celery, diced
- 1 c. frozen green beans (canned would probably work too)
- 5 c. water
- 14.5 oz. can chicken or beef broth (or scant 2 cups if not using a can)
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 c. tomato or spaghetti sauce
- 15.5 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chicken bouillon (or beef bouillon)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 c. cabbage, chopped
In a large pot, cook ground beef and onions together until beef has browned.
Add remaining ingredients, except for the cabbage.
Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil.
Once soup is boiling, stir and then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender. If you can simmer longer, do! The flavor will become even better!
Stir in the cabbage and simmer a few minutes more until the cabbage has wilted.