Cream Cheese Potato Soup with Ham
An easy creamy potato soup with cream cheese and dill that is special enough for guests but simple enough to serve any time!
- 6 c. water
- 7 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 2 packages 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 4 c. diced potatoes, peeled or unpeeled (diced into ¾ in. pieces)
- 1 ½ c. fully cooked ham, cubed
- ½ c. chopped onion (see Notes below)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dill weed
In a large pot, combine the water and bouillon.
Add the cream cheese; cook on medium-low heat until the cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently. (I like to use a whisk for this.)
Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until the potatoes and onions are tender.
- Vidalia Chop Wizzard - I love using this handy tool to dice potatoes and onions quickly! It's one of my favorites.
- Onion- If preferred, you can substitute 1 ½ tsp. onion powder for the chopped onion.