Creamy Curry Chicken and Rice Soup
A delicious twist on an old classic! This Curry Chicken and Rice soup is simple to make and is family friendly too.
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 large carrots, diced (link in Notes for the tool I love to use to dice veggies quickly)
- 2 celery ribs, diced (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2-1 tsp. curry powder (or more to taste)
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken broth (link in Notes for Homemade Chicken Broth recipe)
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- salt if needed
In large saucepan, saute carrots, celery and onion in butter until soft.
Add flour, seasoned salt and curry powder and stir until smooth.
Gradually add milk; stir and cook until thickened.
Add chicken broth, chicken and rice. Cook over low to medium low heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
*Curry powders vary so much in how hot and spicy they are. The brand that I use is pretty mild and so I always add more than 1 tsp. But if you have a spicier variety, you may want to err on the side of caution. It's always easy to add more if you want it!
- Tool for quickly dicing veggies
- Homemade Chicken Broth