Herb Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
This combination of potatoes, chicken and herbs is super easy to throw together and is so delicious! It's sure to be a family favorite.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 onion, chunked
- 4 large or 6 small potatoes, chunked* see note below
- 1 sweet potato, chunked
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp. red pepper** see note below
- 1 tbsp. parsley, fresh or dried
Place chicken and veggies in greased 9x13 baking dish.
Melt butter and add remaining ingredients to it. Pour over chicken and veggies.
Cover and bake @ 350 for 1 ½ hrs. (I used to bake this uncovered but discovered it was actually moister when I covered it.)
* I love using red potatoes when possible and most times don't bother to peel them either.
** If you don't like spicy food, you'll want to cut this back to 1/8 tsp.